Part-Time Job Opening – Code Enforcement Officer (Spanish Speaking) – Provisional AppointmentPart-Time Job Opening – Code Enforcement Officer (Spanish Speaking) – Provisional AppointmentThe Village of Mamaroneck is seeking to fill an open part-time position of Code Enforcement Officer (Spanish Speaking) in the Building Department. Duties include but are not limited to investigation of potential violations of the Village code, and other enabling laws, statutes, ordinance, etc. Dealing with quality of life issues; Interacting with the public to explain the requirements of local codes; Issuance and tracking of violations; Attend court as necessary; inspect properties for compliance with codes other than the building code; Provide interpretative and information services as necessary.
Required Knowledge Skills, Abilities, and Attributes
- Knowledge of the local codes, ordinances, laws and other applicable regulations
- Ability to establish and maintain cooperative relationships with other public officials, and with the general public.
- Ability to read and interpret laws, codes, ordinances.
- Ability to prepare clear and concise letters and reports.
- Ability to effectively use computer applications such as spreadsheets, word processing, calendar, e-mail and database software.
- Ability to read, write and converse fluently in the Spanish language at a level sufficient to pass a Spanish Language proficiency test.
- Ability to read, write, speak, understand, and communicate in English sufficiently to perform the essential duties of the position.
This is a part-time position works up to 18.5 hours a week. Office hours are Monday - Friday 9am- 5pm. The rate of pay is $25 - $27 per hour.